Membership at MBC
Joining and becoming a member of MBC
Baptism by immersion upon personal profession of faith is the normal mode of entry into the membership of Moortown Baptist church. The church shall apply the following Baptismal qualification for Church Membership: Open membership so that persons seeking membership who have not been baptised in the manner described in the Baptist Union’s Declaration of Principle may at the discretion of the Church Members’ Meeting be accepted for full membership based on their own public profession of faith.
Church Membership is open to all who:
– Accept the Beliefs of the Church;
– meet the Church’s qualification on Baptism;
– commit themselves to serving Christ within the Church and beyond;
– respect the decisions of the Church Members’ Meeting;
– acknowledge their responsibilities as Church Members and
– have their membership application accepted by the Church Members’ Meeting.