Leeds Christians in Education exists to support teachers, governors, and schools youth workers through networking, events, and prayer. All with a heart for education in Leeds are very welcome to join us. We will meet three times a year in the evenings for prayer and shared thoughtfulness. Together we will
• Celebrate education in Leeds
• Grow in awareness of the challenges and issues, and current educational responses in Leeds
• Spend some time in prayer with words, photos, drawing, and silence
• Develop connections between Christians who are situated in the same schools, colleges, and Universities.
• Support those who are involved in making decisions that affect children, young people, students, and all those who are themselves, educators.
2nd November, 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Facilitator Helen Reid (Director of Leeds Church Institute)
Theme: Celebrating childhood and vocations to care for children and their development; Gospel perspectives and practice in Leeds
15 March, 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Facilitator Mark Roque (Thinking Faith Network)
Theme: Inspirational storytelling in schools; the impact on young people of positive, often counter-cultural, role models and their achievements
14 June, 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Facilitator Sally Pickering (training for ordination, current work in education and psychology)
Theme: Building a loving community through celebration of each other and support in the tough times, with a special focus on children and bereavement.
At Leeds Church Institute
(opposite the Corn Exchange, above ‘Out of This World’)
20 New Market Street, Leeds, LS1 6DG
To book email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0113 391 7928