Role: Administrative Assistant
Church: Moortown Baptist Church
Salary: £10,799 per annum (£11.24 per hour)
Hours: 18 hours per week
Holiday days: 12.5 days + bank holidays
Moortown Baptist Church is seeking to appoint an office based Administrative Assistant for 18 hours per week (days to be negotiated).
Salary is £11.54 per hour which equates to £10,799 per year.
Holidays are pro rata at 12.5 days as well as Bank holidays.
Training will be provided as necessary.
This is an important role as the person appointed would be the first point of contact for anyone approaching the Church in person, on-line or by telephone.
They would also have access to certain accounts/money in conjunction with the Treasurer and also all important documents pertaining to the life of the Church.
Confidentiality and accountability are therefore fundamental to the role.
The person should be a Christian.
The person should have good working knowledge of Microsoft 365
The person should have recognised and experienced secretarial skills.
The person should be able to communicate with others and work as part of various teams as needed.
The person appointed would be responsible for:
- All work on the office computer. (Some training can be provided).
- Producing minutes from meetings, some being taped from a Zoom.
- The typing up and amending of policies.
- Writing and answering a variety of letters and correspondence as required.
- Maintaining a yearly calendar and members listings, plus all other admin work as needed e.g. making posters or downloading children’s work.
- They will have to answer all telephone calls and check recorded messages passing the information to the required relevant persons.
- They will need to order and maintain all consumables needed for the smooth running of the Church.
- They will need to purchase yearly licences and maintain and pay bills to the necessary contractors used in the running of the Church.
- They will pay expenses to staff and volunteers in conjunction with the Treasurer.
- They will need to liaise with the cleaning staff and all other persons working in the building, which may change daily.
A personal handover and a written handover of the role can be made to the successful candidate.
A detailed job description listing the wider role is available.
Please send a copy of your CV to:
Mrs Karen Ross (HR Deacon)
Moortown Baptist Church
204 King Lane.
or email LT@moortownbaptistchurch.onmicrosoft.com
All applications should be into the office by Wednesday 1st June 2022
Interviews will be on June 6/7thth 2022 to be arranged.